Deadlines and Incompletes

All course work must be completed by the last day of the semester in which the course is taken.

In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or family emergency, a student may complete a form to petition an instructor for an Incomplete. This petition must be submitted to the instructor by the last day of reading week in the following semester. If granted, a grade of I (Incomplete) will be entered on the record, and the student must complete the work for the course by the date designated on the petition and in any case no later than the last day of reading week in the following semester. If the work is not completed by that date, the registrar will enter a PI (Permanent Incomplete) onto the record. A student may not petition for an Incomplete for a J-term course.

A student with more than one Incomplete or Failure in a given semester may be referred to the Student Standing Committee and may be placed on academic probation. 

A grade of F or PI remains permanently on the record. The F and PI are calculated in the grade point average as 0.00. If the student takes the same course again, or another course to substitute for it, the original F or PI remains and the new grade is recorded.