Lake View Presbyterian Church, Chicago, IL
|Contact Info||716 West Addison Chicago, IL 60613 Tel: (773) 281-2655|
Lake View Presbyterian Church's growing membership is reflective of the rich diversity found in the neighborhood surrounding the church. 110 members come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from working class to young urban professionals and from long time neighborhood residents to immigrant populations from around the world. The emerging population both in the neighborhood and in Lake View Church is young adults. Over 60% of the membership of Lake View Church is currently under the age of 40.
The church is located in Lake View, 4 blocks east of Wrigley Field, north of Lincoln Park and DePaul University. It encompasses a typical urban mixture of race, ethnicity, and economic and educational levels. There is both gentrification and homelessness in the area.
• Senior Site
• provide pastoral care for guests and hosts
• work with other Senior Site staff in programming and communication
• be a liaison to Session for reporting purposes
• work with Parish Nurse to identify special pastoral care needs
• Christian Education
• Sunday Morning Program
• work directly with Pastor planning and providing for Christian Education at all age levels
• teach Sunday morning church school or evening adult classes periodically
• serve as liturgist on a regular basis
• preach several times a year
• attend Session meetings to observe
• attend committee meetings as needed
Reverend Joy Douglas Strome
Via car, proceed North on Lake Shore Drive. Exit West on Belmont (left turn). Follow the signs to Wrigley Field by taking an almost immediate right (North). The second sign for Wrigley Field will lead to Addison. Turn on Addison and proceed two blocks to the church. On-street parking is available. Watch posted signs for times of day when available. Public transportation is available and convenient.