Master of Arts in Ministry
The Master of Arts in Ministry (M.A.M.) is a two-year degree program providing students with basic theological education to ministers for whom the Master of Divinity is not required by their churches or denominations, lay leaders and those serving as commissioned elders and licensed pastors who are interested in general or specialized forms of ministry.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE
The Master of Arts Ministry requires coursework in biblical studies, theology, church history and the arts of ministry. The degree is awarded for successful completion of 16 courses including a supervised practice in a ministerial setting.
REQUIRED DISTRIBUTION OF COURSES
- Pilgrimage in Faithfulness
- Introduction to Biblical Studies
- History Survey I or II
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- Introduction to Christian Ethics
- Reflection on Ministry (two course units)
- Five intro or elective courses in the field of ministry
- Seminar in the Practice of Ministry
- Two Free Electives
- Leadership Amidst Diversity