The McCormick Prize for Innovation Rules
- How to Enter: No purchase or other obligation required, nor will it increase your chances of winning. To enter The McCormick Prize for Innovation (“Contest”), the “Entrant” (a person or organization) must submit a written statement (“Entry”) not to exceed 250 words describing an innovation that is currently impacting ministry. The Entry must include:
- The context of ministry
- The innovation
- The impact of the innovation
- Contest Period: All entries to the Contest must be submitted starting at 12:01 AM CST on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2017 and ending on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM CST (the “Entry Period”). The Contest is sponsored by the Center for Innovative Ministry (“CIM”)
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older who is a legal resident of the United States. One (1) First Prize, one (1) Second Prize and one (1) Third Prize will be selected by a panel of five (5) judges. Winners will be notified prior to the announcement of winners on Monday, April 10, 2017.
- Prize Value: There are three (3) total Prizes available to be won: one (1) First Prize, one (1) Second Prize and one (1) Third Prize.
- The First Prize winning entry will receive $5,000 from CIM
- The Second Prize winning entry will receive $1,500 from CIM
- The Third Prize winning entry will receive $500 from CIM
- Winners have seven (7) calendar days – one week – to respond to the Center for Innovative Ministry to claim their prize. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification, and a new winner will be selected by the panel.
Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their submissions may/will be used in additional promotional materials by the Center for Innovative Ministry.
Any Entry that contains the following will be disqualified:
- Obscene, lewd, profane, defamatory or inappropriate images or text, including nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm;
- Any third-party materials that violate or infringe (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo or other mark that identifies a brand, entity or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light);
- Other material deemed objectionable by the Center for Innovative Ministry in their sole discretion;
- Use of brand names, company names and company or brand logos without the permission of said brand or company.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and to sign such additional documents as may be reasonably requested. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, stolen or misdirected mail or for any interruptions in or failure of any electronic means of communication. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. No prize transfer or substitutions except as noted or with sponsor’s permission. Taxes on prizes are responsibility of winner, as are all expenses not specifically detailed in the prize descriptions above. Acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s agreement to hold harmless the Center for Innovative Ministry from damages arising from the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of a prize received in this contest.
In clicking on “Submit” you are indicating that you have read and understand the rules and that you have entered the McCormick Prize for Innovation contest. We will notify you upon receipt of your entry.
Why should your idea win the prize?! Submit your entry today!
Thank you, and thank you for your entry!