Wayne Meisel is the Director of the Center for Faith and Service at McCormick Theological Seminary in Chicago, IL. The Center develops programs through partnerships with local congregations and national church offices for a generation defined by their commitment to service and justice. The Center also seeks to renew theological education through collective efforts to recruit, train and launch individuals into both traditional and new forms of ministry.
Prior to this position, he served as the Director of Faith and Service at the Cousins Foundation in Atlanta, GA. and was the founding President of the Bonner Foundation. As a Presidential appointee to the Commission on National and Community Service, Meisel served as one of the architects of the AmeriCorps programs and also as a charter board member of Teach for America.
He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church and describes himself as an AmeriCorps Chaplain.
For his Huffington Post bio and blog roll, click here.
Recent blog posts:
- Where Leadership Thrives: Summer Camp and the Hope for the World
- Reunion Reflections: Questions to Ask Classmates and Yourself When you Return to Campus
- If…then… Let the Commencement (Speeches) Begin!
- The Myth of Trump Country: Repairing the Breach
- President Trump, Let’s Make A Deal... To Save AmeriCorps
- Giving on the Streets: Wine, The Pope, and Doing What is ‘Always Right’
- Give a Year, Gain a Lifetime: Service Programs that Change the World Class of 2017 Announced
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King and the Intersection of Faith and Service
- Herlong Redemption: A Story of Christmas
- Be the Light: The Advent Calendar of Hope, Justice and Joy
- A Pastoral Letter to President-elect Trump From a Presbyterian Minister
- Of Thee I Sing
- Think, Pray, Vote
- Modern-Day Saints: Christian Leaders Who Are Changing the World in Our Communities, Churches, Seminaries and Country
- Theological Education Week: A Call to Conversations about Call
- Outed By InterVarsity: Onward Christian Allies
- The Fit Finder: How to Choose the Seminary that is Right for You
- Guess Who’s Coming to Seminary?
- What We Love About This Year’s Seminaries That Change The World