Wayne Meisel: A Voice at Huffington Post
Wayne Meisel is the Director of the Center for Faith and Service at McCormick Theological Seminary in Chicago, IL. The Center develops programs through partnerships with local congregations and national church offices for a generation defined by their commitment to service and justice. The Center also seeks to renew theological education through collective efforts to recruit, train and launch individuals into both traditional and new forms of ministry.
Prior to this position, he served as the Director of Faith and Service at the Cousins Foundation in Atlanta, GA. and was the founding President of the Bonner Foundation. As a Presidential appointee to the Commission on National and Community Service, Meisel served as one of the architects of the AmeriCorps programs and also as a charter board member of Teach for America.
He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church and describes himself as an AmeriCorps Chaplain.
For his Huffington Post bio and blog roll, click here.
Recent blog posts:
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King and the Intersection of Faith and Service
- Herlong Redemption: A Story of Christmas
- Be the Light: The Advent Calendar of Hope, Justice and Joy
- A Pastoral Letter to President-elect Trump From a Presbyterian Minister
- Of Thee I Sing
- Think, Pray, Vote
- Modern-Day Saints: Christian Leaders Who Are Changing the World in Our Communities, Churches, Seminaries and Country
- Theological Education Week: A Call to Conversations about Call
- Outed By InterVarsity: Onward Christian Allies
- The Fit Finder: How to Choose the Seminary that is Right for You
- Guess Who’s Coming to Seminary?
- What We Love About This Year’s Seminaries That Change The World
- Welcome College Freshman: Parental Advice from Someone Who Isn’t Your Parent
- Suicide, Job Loss, & The Vulnerability Of Men In Their 50s
- Why Summer Camp Transforms: Stillness in the Midst of Movement
- No Ordinary Time: A Call to Awareness and Action
- A College Reunion Blessing
- Idealism Is the Nature of Youth
- The Road to Pentecost: Lent is over, Easter has arrived. Now what?
- Connecting Mental Health and Justice for All
- When Service and Death Collide: Transcending Tragedy - A Call for a National Service Memorial
- Honoring Rev. Dr. Luther King Jr. - Remembering the Prophetic in the Prophet
- An Advent Calendar of Hope, Justice, and Joy
- National Service Chaplains: A Call to Congregations Serving Those Who Serve
- New Faces of Ministry Reclaim and Renew the Church
- The Dawn of a New School Year: Four Questions to Ask and to Live Into
- A Vocational Selfie: The Discernment Deck
- High School Graduation , Prize Day and Huck Finn
- Camp Counselor as Modern-Day Superhero: Summer Camps that Change the World
- Tattoos and Theological Education: In Common Cause to Change the World
- Lent: A Time to "Take In" and Not Just "Give Up"
- Don't Sweat the Advice: Welcome Class of 2018
- Ministry on the Margins: The Good, the Bad and the Awesome
- Big Thaw: How Resistance to Gay Marriage Melted in the Detroit Heat
- Pentecost: Unusual Allies and the New Faces of Ministry
- Where Faith Still Thrives! Summer Camps and the Future of the Church