Wayne Meisel: A Voice at Huffington Post
Wayne Meisel is the Director of the Center for Faith and Service at McCormick Theological Seminary in Chicago, IL. The Center develops programs through partnerships with local congregations and national church offices for a generation defined by their commitment to service and justice. The Center also seeks to renew theological education through collective efforts to recruit, train and launch individuals into both traditional and new forms of ministry.
Prior to this position, he served as the Director of Faith and Service at the Cousins Foundation in Atlanta, GA. and was the founding President of the Bonner Foundation. As a Presidential appointee to the Commission on National and Community Service, Meisel served as one of the architects of the AmeriCorps programs and also as a charter board member of Teach for America.
He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church and describes himself as an AmeriCorps Chaplain.
For his Huffington Post bio and blog roll, click here.
Recent blog posts:
- Why Summer Camp Transforms: Stillness in the Midst of Movement
- No Ordinary Time: A Call to Awareness and Action
- A College Reunion Blessing
- Idealism Is the Nature of Youth
- The Road to Pentecost: Lent is over, Easter has arrived. Now what?
- Connecting Mental Health and Justice for All
- When Service and Death Collide: Transcending Tragedy - A Call for a National Service Memorial
- Honoring Rev. Dr. Luther King Jr. - Remembering the Prophetic in the Prophet
- An Advent Calendar of Hope, Justice, and Joy
- National Service Chaplains: A Call to Congregations Serving Those Who Serve
- New Faces of Ministry Reclaim and Renew the Church
- The Dawn of a New School Year: Four Questions to Ask and to Live Into
- A Vocational Selfie: The Discernment Deck
- High School Graduation , Prize Day and Huck Finn
- Camp Counselor as Modern-Day Superhero: Summer Camps that Change the World
- Tattoos and Theological Education: In Common Cause to Change the World
- Lent: A Time to "Take In" and Not Just "Give Up"
- Don't Sweat the Advice: Welcome Class of 2018
- Ministry on the Margins: The Good, the Bad and the Awesome
- Big Thaw: How Resistance to Gay Marriage Melted in the Detroit Heat
- Pentecost: Unusual Allies and the New Faces of Ministry
- Where Faith Still Thrives! Summer Camps and the Future of the Church
- Easter: Opening Day for Reclaiming the Radical Message of the Gospel
- Lent: Spring Training for Christians
- Profiles in Ministry: Phillip West, Being Present by Walking the Talk
- Where Faith Meets Justice: Jobs That Will Change You and Your World
- Profiles in Ministry: Jim McCloskey, A Champion for the Wrongly Accused
- Eleven Myths About Going to Seminary
- Seminaries that Change the World: A Growing List of Transitioning Institutions for Transformational Times