Mission and Goals
Our Vision Statement:
- We are a community of learning and teaching, challenged by the Holy Spirit and grounded in Gods transforming love for the world in Jesus Christ.
- We are called to nurture the gifts of women and men for faithful Christian ministry and leadership through rigorous academic study, practical experience and spiritual formation.
- A seminary of the Presbyterian Church (USA) since 1829 and a progressive leader within the Reformed tradition, we are committed to institutional life, scholarship and ministry that are ecumenical, urban and cross-cultural.
- To provide a program of study for the preparation of women and men for ministry and the professional education of ministers that is Reformed, ecumenical, urban, and cross-cultural in a community of collaborative teaching and learning.
- To build upon our culture of relationships in which mutual accountability, responsibility and respect characterize all Seminary communications and operations all of which are essential to a seminary committed to being Reformed, ecumenical and cross-cultural.
- To develop technological resources and access to information resources that support the Seminary's teaching and learning goals and are fully integrated into all aspects of the Seminary's work
- To maintain the ongoing growth of financial resources in order to support our mission, goals, programs and facilities.
- To develop and continue to maintain external institutional partnerships with a select group of partners that strategically advances our mission of inclusiveness, diversity and ecumenism in the context of our identity as a seminary of the PC(USA).
- To be a Reformed, ecumenical and cross-cultural community in which the presence of God is named and welcomed.
McComick's strategic plan is our plan in the short term to work out the above listed goals. This plan is subject to change and revision as we continue to reform our understanding of our diverse world and Church and our role in preparing women and men for ministry in them.