Mission and Goals
Our Vision Statement:
- We are a community of learning and teaching, challenged by the Holy Spirit and grounded in God's transforming love for the world in Jesus Christ.
- We are called to nurture the gifts of women and men for faithful Christian ministry and leadership through rigorous academic study, practical experience and spiritual formation.
- A seminary of the Presbyterian Church (USA) since 1829 and a progressive leader within the Reformed tradition, we are committed to institutional life, scholarship and ministry that are ecumenical, urban and cross-cultural.
- To provide a program of study for the preparation of women and men for ministry and the professional education of ministers that is Reformed, ecumenical, urban, and cross-cultural in a community of collaborative teaching and learning.
- To build upon our culture of relationships in which mutual accountability, responsibility and respect characterize all Seminary communications and operations all of which are essential to a seminary committed to being Reformed, ecumenical and cross-cultural.
- To develop technological resources and access to information resources that support the Seminary's teaching and learning goals and are fully integrated into all aspects of the Seminary's work
- To maintain the ongoing growth of financial resources in order to support our mission, goals, programs and facilities.
- To develop and continue to maintain external institutional partnerships that strategically advances our mission of inclusiveness, diversity and ecumenism in the context of our identity as a seminary of the PC(USA).
- To be a Reformed, ecumenical and cross-cultural community in which the presence of God is named and welcomed.