September 2, 2010
The McCormick Board of Trustees recently elected a committee to conduct the search for McCormick’s next president. Criteria for committee membership were a strong understanding of McCormick Seminary’s mission, values and its future challenges and opportunities, diversity of perspectives and experiences, and the ability to effectively represent the breadth the Seminary’s various constituencies. Members of the committee are:
- The Rev. Dr. Deborah Block, Trustee (and former Board Chair) and Pastor of Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Milwaukee; DMin, 1989
- Dr David Daniels, Henry Winters Luce Professor of World Christianity
- Ms. Michele Edwards, McCormick student and Co-moderator of Student Session
- The Rev. Nancy Enderle, Trustee and Vice Chair of the Board; MDiv, 1985
- Dr. Deborah Kapp, Edward and Phyllis Campbell Associate Professor of Urban Ministry
- The Rev. Dr. Eddie Knox, Trustee and Pastor of Pullman Presbyterian Church, Chicago; MDiv, 1985 and DMin, 1993
- Dr. Melinda Krei, Trustee and education consultant
- Mr. Robert Unglaub, Trustee and marketing executive
- Dr. Saundra Tracy, Trustee and search committee chair, retired President of Alma College
- Mr. John Anderson, Chair of the Board of Trustees and senior human resources consultant (Ex Officio)
The Committee will begin its work in September with a projected timeline of recommending a candidate to the Board of Trustees for election in late spring 2011.
Search Committee members will hold open forums with the McCormick faculty, staff, administrators, and students this fall to seek input on the qualities and experiences needed for McCormick’s next president. There also will be opportunities to send the committee thoughts and ideas. This input will be used to help shape the position description and recruitment of candidates. Among other ways you also can be involved in the months ahead, you will have the opportunity to meet with the Presidential finalists in the spring when they come to McCormick.
We will keep you updated on the process as it unfolds this year and informed on other ways you can contribute to the critical task of selecting McCormick’s next president. Please keep the Search Committee and its work in your prayers as together we seek the right leader to succeed Dr. Campbell and build on her many contributions to McCormick.