Requirements for International Students
Basic Information for International Students
- You must be registered full-time during the regular academic year to maintain your F-1 visa status. The only exception is your first and last semester at McCormick Seminary. You may be registered less than full-time during your first and last semester of study.
- Keep your passport valid.
- Do not work without proper authorization.
- You may work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the school year and unlimited hours during vacation.
- Contact the registrar if you will need to: change your status, bring a family member to the United States, apply for O.P.T., travel outside the U.S., request a program extension, or ask any question about your visa status. Many requests take 3 months to process. Please plan ahead.
- A spouse with an F-2 visa may not work on or off campus.
- If you change your address you must contact the registrar within 10 days.
- Always maintain your F-1 visa status by enrolling full-time in order to avoid future penalties.
Please contact the Registrar by e-mail or at 773-947-6285 with any questions.