Worship Participation and Leadership
Want to take part in worship planning and leadership? All members of the McCormick community are welcomed and encouraged to be active leaders in our worship life.
Opportunities abound for participation and leadership in worship services at McCormick - students are encouraged to be involved! In order to sign-up for opportunities, please contact Dean of Students Christine Vogel (email@example.com).
Opportunities for involvement include:
- Participating in a worship planning team for specific worship events and community worship dates.
- Serving as an usher or greeter at worship services.
- Serving as a liturgist or worship leader.
- Being a primary worship leader for a non-Eucharistic service (daily prayer, special services, etc.)
- Reading Scripture lessons / offering the prayers of the day.
- Preaching (for M.Div. seniors, faculty, and staff).
- Participate and/or lead in liturgical movement, artistic, or dramatic interpretations of Scripture.
- Sing with the Community Choir.
- Lead worship music with the piano, drums, guitar, or other instruments.
- Design Power Point slideshows, bulletin covers, etc.
- Bake Bread for the Eucharist.
- Assistant in serving communion.
- Carry Eucharist to those unable to attend worship.
The Worship EAs (educational assistants) would also like to hear your new ideas for worship, whether they are your own creative ideas or are from your home tradition or culture. For more information about the current Worship EAs and how to contact them, see the Worship Assistants page.