The American Baptist Churches of Metro Chicago is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This is a part time position of 15-16 hours per week during regular business hours (specific schedule to be determined) in our office at 4401 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago. Office experience and excellent computer skills required. Spanish language a plus. To begin mid September. If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter (via email) outlining your interest to Rev. Carol McVetty, Interim Executive Minister firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1.
Position Description: Administrative Assistant (part time)
Reports to: Regional Executive Minister(s)
Basic Function: Provide clerical and administrative support to the work of the Regional Executive Minister(s) and the programs of the American Baptist Churches of Metro Chicago (ABCMC). Be the initial contact person for the ABCMC office. Be responsible for managing the region office as described below.
This is a part-time position of 15-16 hours per week during regular business hours, specific schedule to be determined.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Answer telephone calls and direct them to appropriate staff. Check voice mail messages and respond or forward to appropriate staff. Manage the phone and voice mail system.
- Provide general information about the region and its programs when requested. Direct inquiries to the appropriate staff or resource person.
- Provide basic machine maintenance support for office machines.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Receive and process daily mail and packages.
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks as requests such as letters and mailings.
- Assist Associate Regional Ministers or Committee Chairs with clerical tasks as needed.
- Edit and publish electronic newsletter (eWind) on a schedule determined by Regional Executive Minister(s). (Currently biweekly.)
- Create and maintain data base of mailing lists useful to the region.
- Update and maintain the region directory.
- Coordinate arrangements for large meetings and programs.
- Prepare publicity and printed materials, and handle registration for the region Annual Meeting.
- Update and maintain the region website.
- Sort, purge, and reorganize old files. Maintain current files.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Open and friendly personality, comfortable with urban diversity.
- Some college. Associates degree preferred minimum.
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to set priorities, highly organized.
- Excellent skills in computer and electronic communications.
- Good oral and written communication skills, proficient in English, Spanish proficiency preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with church culture and a sense of ministry preferred.
- Honest, reliable, discreet, demonstrated good judgment.
- Valid Social Security card.
American Baptist Churches of Metro Chicago 4401 W. Irving Park Road Chicago, IL 60641. www.abcmc.org