Reports To: Executive Director – Administration and Operations
Senior Pastor – Worship and Pastoral Responsibilities
The Associate Pastor is a full-time ordained position with a call to ministry for connecting people to Christ. This Pastor will be responsible for helping persons build authentic connections through caring ministries, ensure members and visitors are welcomed at the front door, seen, heard and cared for as a part of our church family.
- Champion the importance of sharing life together in the Body of Christ, and ensure that all individuals who are part of VPC find a place of authentic connection with others.
- Connect with guests, and lead the process of visitor and new member connection.
- Lead small group ministries, equip group leaders, and develop strategies for encouraging small group involvement, and for deepening Christ-centered connection among small group participants.
- Oversee VPC’s network of caring ministries, including the development of new ministries of compassion that provide places of Christ-centered connection and healing.
- Grow spiritually and nurture his/her own faith through a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
- Display and maintain a teachable spirit and contagious energy.
- Lead with passion, people of all ages, to find authentic connection and community in Christ.
- Utilize a missional mindset that dreams of ministry possibilities not just for those who are already here, but also for those beyond the walls of the church.
- Understands, supports and contributes to the church vision utilizing strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills
- Possesses and displays an enthusiasm for learning and confidently embraces 21st century technology as we strive to be faithful in communicating God’s timeless Word in culturally relevant ways.
- Holds and reflects evangelical faith, supportive of VPC’s commitment to Biblical truth and the historic faith shared overwhelmingly by the Church across the globe.
- Possesses courage, boldness, and creativity to help envision and build models for ministry that are relate to the Southwest Florida context.
- Participate in staff meetings, leadership meetings, and other pastoral duties as directed.