Westminster Presbyterian Church seeks an associate pastor focused on youth ministry and discipleship. We are seeking a collaborative individual, with a proactive work ethic, who believes in the transforming power of God in Jesus Christ to join our staff starting in the fall of 2017.
Their MIF will soon be found on the Church Leadership Connection.
While we have specific expectations for this position, we are also adaptable to respond to the gifts that the person who is called to this position brings. You may be a fit, if you are someone:
• Whose own spiritual journey is of primary importance
• Who is passionate about both youth and mission
• Who believes in the transformative power of experiences in service to others
• With contagious enthusiasm and who approaches responsibilities in a positive and energetic manner
• Who is organized and skilled in setting priorities, planning details, and following through on projects
• With a joyful spirit who enjoys interacting with youth and relates with ease to people of all ages with warmth and compassion, openness, humility, and a sense of humor
• Who can communicate clearly and effectively using multiple communication methods.
How you can serve:
• Be a catalyst for mission opportunities at all levels, enabling youth, young adults, families, and older members to engage in thoughtful, introductory service learning experiences
• Connect talent and service by engaging mission partners and service agencies in the community
• Create educational events with theological content around issues of mission, outreach, and Christian service,
• Shepherd the youth program (6th-12th grades) that builds a supportive and accepting community in which young people are grounded in faith and service and which provides a firm foundation upon which they will be launched into adulthood
• Lead a dynamic youth fellowship program where each, as a blessed and gifted child of God, will know the grace and love of God through Christ
• Design intentional and spiritually meaningful youth mission trips
• Actively contribute in the planning and leading of worship
• Be a full partner in all areas of ministry
Whoever comes to WPC will serve in many capacities and have the space to leverage and hone their strengths in ministry. Together we can be gathered by the Spirit and sent out to live a God-sized vision of love.
WPC at a glance…
Worship attendance ~ 200 per Sunday
Children & Youth Sunday School ~ 30 per Sunday Adult Education ~ 60 per Sunday
Middle School and Senior High Youth Sunday Evening Fellowship ~ 20 youth
We worship at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday morning during the program year and 10:00 a.m. during the Summer
Mission partners: We partner with numerous local organizations to serve the homeless, children and families, advocate for justice, and provide disaster relief. On a global front, we have mission partners in Thailand and Zambia.
We have 18 Elders serving on Session and 21 Deacons. 21 Deacons
What We Have to Offer
• Talented, generous, and fun-loving members of all ages who are enthusiastic about new possibilities for ministry
• An Associate Pastor position with opportunities to grow, develop gifts, and be involved in all aspects of congregational life
• A creative, dedicated, and collegial staff who work in joyful collaboration and are eager to welcome another member to the team
• A church community that welcomes the gifts of our members and encourages them to be offered in service to God
• Members who participate in the redemptive work of Christ and are committed to caring for one another and the world around us
• Proclamation of the gospel through traditional, inclusive, and creative worship
• An intergenerational congregation with a network of vital relationships
• Strong connections with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and the University of Texas
• A welcoming, attractive campus that is active throughout the week as a home for the Westminster Day School, the After School Kids Bible Study, the Faith and Grief ministry, and various adult educational programs
• AUSTIN, TEXAS – enough said!