Reports to: Lead Pastor, Christian Coon
Directly supervises: Volunteer Sunday school teachers
Status: Part time salary, 10 hours/week
Responsible for planning, marketing and implementing the Children and Family program for our South Loop site of Urban Village Church. This includes school volunteer opportunities for children and families, evangelism efforts, outreach and social events.
● Practices a bold, inclusive and relevant faith in Jesus Christ
● Is passionate about and attentive to the spiritual growth and development of children
● Supports and contributes to the mission and vision for the Children and Family Ministries program that is reflective of and integrated with the mission and vision of Urban Village Church
● Creates informational materials for programs and market/communicate programs to families and congregation members via church bulletins, e-newsletter, printed materials and social media
● Maintains administrative processes for Children and Family Ministries including registration, attendance tracking and retention
● Recruits, trains and supports volunteers for the various Children and Family Ministries, including Sunday school
● Selects and supervises volunteer childcare providers
● Monitors and enforces Safe Sanctuary Policy for Urban Village Church and offers regular trainings on this policy for volunteers and staff
● Meets quarterly with Children’s Ministry Coordinators from other UVC sites and the Pastoral Liaison who will oversee curriculum
● Tracks and orders supplies for the Sunday school and nursery
● Works with supervising pastor and/or key lay leader(s) for special evangelism events (e.g. back-to-school carnival) and community connections (e.g. local schools) ● Help parents connect with one another (e.g. new parent’s group)
● Education: Bachelor’s Degree
● Experience: 1-2 years of previous experience in program planning and implementation. 1-2 years previous experience working with children.
● Required Skills: Training and evaluating teachers, interpersonal and communication skills, program development and implementation
● Core Competencies: Planning and Organizing. Creativity. Developing relationships and teams. Inspiring children
Candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications are due by December 12, 2016 . The hired candidate is expected to start the week of January 2, 2017 with the first Sunday of work being January 8, 2017.
Urban Village Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer