Christian Education/Youth Ministry Director
|Employer||Grace Presbyterian Church, 215 Gould St., Beaver Dam, WI 53916. Phone: 920-885-3198. Fax: 920-885-3899. Web site: http://www.bdgracechurch.org|
|Location||Beaver Dam, WI|
This position reports to the Pastor, Head of Staff, and is responsible to the Christian Education Committee.
Our Vision: Open and caring people on a spiritual journey to become ALIVE in Jesus Christ.
The CE/YM director will ensure the educational needs of GPC are met in the following areas: Adult Christian Education, Youth Christian Education (including VBS), Youth Groups, Summer Youth Activities and Youth mission work.
- In partnership with the Christian Education Committee, create and implement the planning and coordination of a comprehensive education program for children, youth (middle and high school) and adults.
- Facilitate curriculum and resource selection with the Christian Education Committee and order education materials as needed.
- Create an adult education program to meet the diverse needs and desires of the church.
- Attend CE meetings and help facilitate the development of programs, policies and budget for our Christian Education Ministry.
- Communicate CE opportunities to our members through our web site, newsletters, e-mails and letters.
- Act as a resource for other committees or church groups, as needed.
- Coordinate and publicize all activities such as weekly fellowship group, Sunday morning classes, Bible study/small group electives, summer mission teams, breakfast clubs, retreats, seminars, fundraising events, etc.
- Recruit, train, supervise and support of volunteers related to the education ministries.
- Keep abreast of the most recent methods in church education, evaluate and bring them to the attention of the Committee, Pastor and Teachers.
- Maintains the library, audio visual and other physical resources that are primarily related to educational programming.
- Organize Vacation Bible School every summer.
- Promote the goals and objectives of both the Youth Ministry and Children's Ministry committees.
- Plan, organize, prepare and facilitate youth activities.
- Develop congregational leadership to perpetuate successful programs.
- Work with Youth Ministry team and other committees in seeking to involve young people in worship and other events of the larger congregation.
- Plan and participate in summer youth activities to include mission work.
- Evaluate annually the Children's, Middle and High School programs, goals and strategies in cooperation with the committees, Pastor and Session.
- Build and encourage mentor relationships with the young people and their parents through caring group interactions and personal contact with individual youth.
- Maintain connections with post high youth in college or otherwise temporarily away from home.
- Counsel with youth/families when necessary, active outreach for youth members of GPC and our community.
- Effectively communicate schedules and needs with office staff, volunteers and other groups.
- Be visible at community and/or school activities involving Grace youth.
- Supervise our Nursery Coordinator to maintain the nursery and ensure coverage during worship services.
- Participate in overall church calendar and program planning with the entire staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience in developing and leading educational programs and working with youth required; degree in Christian Education preferred. Good communication, collaborative and organizational skills are a must.
Daily time commitment is flexible and will vary based on activities, regularly scheduled meetings and the church calendar, however some regular office hours for availability of staff, teachers and parents is needed, averaging 40 hours a week. A presence before, during and after CE programs on Sundays as well as other special events also needed.
Annual salary, paid bi-weekly. In addition to salary are accounts for professional expenses, continuing education and a car allowance.
Must be able to spend extended time sitting at a computer; handle multi tasking and priority juggling with ease; occasional lifting of up to 25# as needed; must be able to read and write in English for communicating with church members.
PIFs, resumes, and questions can be sent to Holly De Young.
Job listings submitted by third parties are not verified by McCormick Theological Seminary. If you have a job you would like to see listed here send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org