CHURCH ADMINISTRATOR OVERVIEW: Clarendon Hills Community Presbyterian Church ("CPC"), a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA), seeks applicants for a Church Administrator ("CA"), a full-time position responsible for providing management services and administrative support. The person in this position plays a vital role in providing a welcoming and inviting face for the church.
CPC is a fellowship of approximately 600 believers, who seek God's purpose, share life's passages, and strive to live out Christ's teachings by providing a welcoming, safe place to grow in faith. Our programs are blessed with the leadership of a highly competent staff and the support of a vast network of volunteers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First person of contact for all visitors/callers to CPC, Child Care Center, and Preschool during regular business hours.
- Supervise paid and volunteer staff; establish, and maintain priorities and procedures for efficiency.
- Day to day supervision and guidance to Financial Administrator, Custodian and cleaning services.
- Conduct confidential background checks and reference checks on all volunteers interfacing with children and youth (birth up to age 18).
- Provide administrative support to pastors, program directors, and the governing boards.
- Lead the preparation of the worship bulletin, monthly newsletter, and church brochures.
- Assist pastors in coordinating funerals and weddings: bulletins, luncheons, flowers, etc.
- Help the various committees with preparing budgets.
- Oversee office equipment, maintenance, and upkeep of all church buildings and grounds, etc.
- Assist in preparing reports including monthly and annual reports.
- Maintain the church calendar and manage the scheduling system for all use of facilities.
- Ensure that the paperwork for the licensing of the Childcare Center and Preschool is completed and submitted.
- Implement effective means of communication to the congregation, committees, etc. through email database and website and digital signage.
- Serve as purchasing agent of the church.
- Maintain accurate records of:
- Governing Boards and Presbytery records
- Administration records, including salaries and benefits, insurance policy information for the church and employees.
- Update and maintain membership information in the church database and membership books.
DESIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong computer skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Training provided in church specific software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- At least 2 years of office management experience.
- Previous experience managing people.
- College Degree preferred.
- Work or volunteer experience in church ministry setting a plus.
- Positive attitude and exceptional communication skills.
- REPORTS TO: Pastor/Head of Staff.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION: Approximately 40 hours per week. Regular Hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The CA is paid a bi-monthly salary, commensurate with the candidate's experience, education, and other qualifications. Benefits for the CA include medical/dental insurance support, paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, short and long term disability benefits and an option to participate in a matched staff retirement program. Start date negotiable: ideal start April 9, 2018.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES: We are looking for candidates who are energetic, collaborative, flexible, calm, and able to work and prioritize in a friendly yet dynamic work environment. Candidate should be effective in working and communicating with all the people who touch CPC including staff, church members, volunteers, parents, children, as well as community members. Applicants must consent to a standard background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For additional information: www.chcpc.org.