Digital Marketing and Communications Manager - Chicago, IL
|Employer||Chicago Theological Seminary, 1407 E. 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637. Phone: 773.896.2400. Web site: www.ctschicago.edu|
Chicago Theological Seminary (CTS) seeks to hire a Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This position will report to Director of Marketing. If you love creating and coordinating the distribution of digital, social and print publications, this could be your opportunity to make an impact for this well-respected institution.
You will support institutional marketing by writing engaging content on behalf of the seminary, along with editing and proofing and distribution of department and organization materials. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, driven and open to learning new skills. Candidates with a passion for social justice, higher education, and/or theology are highly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT CHICAGO THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY:
Based on Chicago’s Southside, CTS is committed to creating leaders for the next generation of religious leadership…whatever that may be. A leader in social justice, CTS is committed to interreligious engagement, and LGBTQ, gender, racial and environmental justice.
CTS is a seminary affiliated with the United Church of Christ and an academic home to students from over 40 faith traditions. Since its inception in 1855, CTS has pushed the boundaries of the church in order to make faith more relevant and transform society toward God’s greater justice and mercy
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator will coordinate the activities necessary to build audiences and enhance internal and external communications as directed by the Director of Marketing. He/she will assist in completing day to day tasks related to ongoing marketing and engagement with CTS audiences using all distribution channels to execute, measure, and follow up on campaigns, programs, events, and essential activities related to building CTS audiences.
Marketing at CTS focuses institution-wide and covers all aspects of building audiences including student recruitment, supporting CTS as a national thought-leader, highlighting faculty experts, building institutional partnerships, cultivating new, and sustaining existing, donor and alumni relationships etc.
• Coordinate the seminary’s monthly e-newsletter; locate and create content, identify photos and layout newsletter using MyEmma online design program to engage CTS donors, influencers, and prospective and current students.
• Coordinate CTS social media accounts in accordance to set standards and procedures.
• Work with student workers to maintain CTS social media presence through post research, scheduling, photography, and content creation for CTS Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and CTS web initiatives.
• Compile, edit, and send internal communications efforts (email campaigns, fliers, video screens, etc.)
• Work with staff and faculty to update and promote CTS program information and events.
• Make updates and additions to the CTS website using Joomla and/or Wordpress platforms. (Training available.)
• Compile monthly metric Marketing reports for Advancement Dashboard and other reports.
• Maintain and update the Seminary's photographic and video database.
• Assist with marketing project coordination; includes working with student workers and other departments to complete tasks, track progress, update status, meet deadlines and report on project results.
• Create and send media alerts and press releases and post them to the CTS website and social media.
• Assist in planning for, and provide support at, major campus events including Spring Conference, Commencement, and major lectures.
• Assist in working with graphic design professionals to create print and electronic projects, such as invitations, brochures, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently and in a team setting, ability to effectively work in a highly collaborative team environment, general understanding of marketing and development strategies and practices, driven to provide excellent customer service, strong communication skills and strong computer skills specifically in Adobe Creative Suite, and a strong understanding of social media and e-communications.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field.
• 1-2 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in marketing communication and/or related volunteer or internship experiences required.
• Strong writing and proofreading skills required, including the ability to write to different audiences and for different platforms.
• Basic photography skills required.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
• Familiarity with key social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
• Familiarity with Joomla, Wordpress and/or other CMS platforms and basic web analytics is desired.
• Previous experience in higher education or similar type of nonprofit organization is a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include "Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator" in the subject of your email.
Job listings submitted by third parties are not verified by McCormick Theological Seminary. If you have a job you would like to see listed here send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org