Clarendon Hills Community Presbyterian Church ("CPC") seeks dynamic applicants for its Director of Children and Family Ministries ("DCFM"), a part-time position responsible for the supervision of all CPC programs for children in the nursery through fifth grade. CPC is searching for a candidate who feels called by God to nurture the faith of children and families, and who will use his or her God-given talents and abilities to create meaningful programs for the children of the church. CPC is a fellowship of approximately 600 believers who seek God's purpose, share life's passages, and strive to live out Christ's teachings, by providing a welcoming, safe place to grow in faith. CPC is dedicated to lifelong faith formation, beginning with a children's ministry that strives to connect Sunday school, mid-week Christian fellowship, and the family experience of weekly church service in a meaningful way. CPC is blessed to be supported by a vast network of volunteers.
We are looking for someone who can implement and supervise faith formation for children in the nursery through fifth grade.
- Develop curriculum for Sunday school program that complements and enhances the weekly sermon, run weekly Sunday school program for children in the nursery through fifth grade, and assist with some aspects of the middle school Sunday school program.
- Develop and guide CPC's kindergarten and first grade worship program.
- Plan and supervise vacation bible school.
- Develop and guide family programs to nurture faith including advent crafts, communion workshop, children's mission projects, and the children's Christmas program.
- In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries, plan and supervise all components (bible study, music, craft/games, dinner) of the mid-week Christian education and fellowship program.
Serve as church liaison to the Preschool Director. The CPC preschool is a National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited, five day per week program for children ages 2.5 through 5, serving up to 46 children.
Serve as church liaison to the Child Care Director. The CPC childcare center who is a Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) licensed before and afterschool program, 5 days per week, serving up to 50 children on site, aged 5 to 12 years old.
Attend weekly staff meetings.
Please see the attached job description for additional information.