Kenilworth Union Church is seeking a Director of Christian Education who will:
- Lead an active, inclusive, vibrant family-oriented faith community that seeks to embody “church as a school of love.”
- Delight in God’s presence with children and share in the good news of Jesus
- Oversee a comprehensive vision for Christian education and faith formation for infants through sixth graders and their families.
- Oversee curriculum development and programs for children from birth to sixth grade
- Direct supervision of Sunday School and all children’s programming
- Create sacred space for children to experience God
- Lead weekly Sunday worship for 3-6th grade chapel
- Build relationships at 5-6th grade youth group
- Support faith formation of children and families at A Joyful Noise Preschool
- Develop and maintain fellowship, outreach and summer programs
- Build and train a community of staff, volunteer teachers and ministry leaders
- Develop resources and programs for whole-family faith formation
- Communicate early and often with parents, volunteers, staff and congregation about the vision, mission and program details of Children’s Ministry
The Director of Christian Education is accountable to the Board of Directors of Kenilworth Union Church through the Personnel Committee, is supervised by the Associate Pastor for Children and Youth Ministry, and will supervise the Associate Director of Children’s Ministry and the Nursery Care staff.
Personal and Professional Qualifications
- Holds and demonstrates Christian faith and values
- Welcoming, engaging, joyful presence with children and their families
- Mastery in classroom instruction and guidance of faith formation
- Skill in verbal and written communication
- Holds a Masters Degree in Christian Education or Early Childhood Education (or) holds a BA in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education and is a Certified Christian Educator
- Has 3-5 years of experience as a Christian Educator (or) has 3-5 years of Early Childhood and/or Elementary teaching experience.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of faith and references to Rev. Dr. Katie Lancaster or to Christian Education Director Search Committee, Kenilworth Union Church, 211 Kenilworth Avenue, Kenilworth IL 60043.