We are looking for someone who feels called by God to lead, develop and grow the children’s, youth and family ministries at Oak Ridge Presbyterian Church. This is an opportunity to create experiences that will inspire and educate our children, youth and families in order to connect to each other and with God. This integral role at ORPC will act as a role model and spiritual leader, focusing on building relationships with youth and strengthening their faith.
This is a full-time position including, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Youth Ministry:
- Facilitate Sunday night youth group
- Research, plan and head youth mission trips, retreats and community outreach opportunities
- Oversee and lead confirmation
- Children’s Ministry:
- Identify, evaluate and choose curriculum and oversee Sunday school program; recruit teachers and volunteers
- Coordinate with Children’s Core on finalizing decision and implementation of curriculum
- Lead the 3rd, 4 th and 5 th grade youth group
- Family Ministry:
- Equip and support parents by providing educational programs; topics may include, but are not limited to: drug/alcohol abuse, parenting and raising children of faith
- Build relationships and provide opportunities to engage our children, youth, teens and post-secondary young adults with their parents among ORPC and within the community
- Other responsibilities include:
- Keep records of children and youth participation
- Manage the children and youth ministry budget
- Communicate effectively with church leaders, including Pastor, Music Ministry Leadership and Ministry Teams
- 4-year degree
- 2-3 years or more preferred experience in organizing children/youth programs
- Strong organizational, leadership and administrative skills
- Faith commitment compatible with Reform Theology
- Experience and passion for worship programming and liturgy
- Ability to follow a flexible schedule to accommodate children/youth programs and outreach (8 hours on Sundays, including morning and evenings).
- Comfortable in engaging and interacting with children, youth and family members of the congregation
- An ability to effectively communicate via ORPC’s social media outlets
About Oak Ridge Presbyterian Church:
Oak Ridge Presbyterian Church is part of the Presbyterian Church USA . We are a member of Salem Presbytery , which gives us the ability to access—and to contribute to—best practices for being the church in the world today. Our Vision calls us to widen our welcome to others in our community and in the world, to boldly share our stories, to serve our neighbors and to expect transformation by witnessing God at work in and through us by the grace of Jesus Christ.
A comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, health and dental insurance, plus ongoing continuing education assistance.