To build relationships and programming to enable our church to grow more fully into a transformed and transforming family of faith, with particularly focus on families with young and adolescent age children. (This position is not currently ordainable but can become so in the future.)
A deep and strong commitment to Jesus and the mission of the Church
Experience working with children and youth in either volunteer or paid capacities
A minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in education,
A commitment to work in a team environment;
Flexibility in hours that will enable work on weekends and evenings as needed, while keeping healthy boundaries to maintain health.
Willingness to live on campus in church provided housing.
1. To provide support to our ministries to children and youth, overseeing the work of Good News Kids, our youth programs for middle and high school youth, and developing new ministries as needed.
2. To build relationships with families in our church and Learning Center (LC) ministries, developing ways in which to effectively meet these families where they are with the love of Jesus and connecting them to the transforming power of the gospel i.e. parenting programs, community building events, and ministries such as MOPS, Alpha, etc.
3. To work with our LC directors to ensure that the Gospel is even more effectively integrated into these ministries, including providing training to staff as needed.
4. To work with the pastor, music director and church leadership to explore new worship gatherings to serve families of our community not currently reached by our 10 AM worship gathering.
5. To periodically (4 to 6 times) preach in worship, and assist in baptisms and other parts of worship as permitted by the Book of Order.
6. To do effective communication to families through use of the internet, social media and other technology.
7. To engage in regular disciplines of rest and spiritual and physical renewal.
This person will report directly to the pastor, attend weekly church staff meetings, and staff the children and youth team, and in conjunction with the pastor, adult discipleship and Learning Center Board. He or she will provide monthly reports to Session, and attend meetings as needed.
25,000.00 TO 35,000.00 with housing provided by the church, along with medical coverage.