Guest Housing Office Assistant
|Employer||McCormick Theological Seminary, 5460 S. University, Chicago, IL 60615. 773-947-6300. Web site: www.mccormick.edu|
Download the Student Job Application.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet Guests and orient them to the neighborhood, the 1400 building, and McCormick main building shortly after arrival. When possible greet guess arriving late evening’s the next morning (in my absence).
- Prepare and update the guest hosing charts
- Keep updated guest charts in Guest Housing binder
- Maintain clear, timely and effective communication with guest assistants
- Communicate any concerns/questions/information/updates to the Guest Housing Coordinator
- Inform guests and residents when guest are staying in guest housing each week
- Prepare confirmations and keycards
- Create Personal Plans for guest using their ID/Keycards
- Update all doors with any changes to the locking system
- Check all guest rooms and suites before guest arrive to make sure all is set-up and ready
- Check laundry and make arrangements to make sure all laundry is clean and ready
- Calculate and record guest housing totals each month
- Back up Resident Assistant during nights and weekends
- Keep Guest Housing Calendar up to date on Outlook
During slow periods, the student will be allowed to study.
The work does not benefit the outside community.
- Organization skills demonstrating the ability to work with limited supervision, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Perform responsibilities of this position and provide services to guests in a manner consistent with the seminary’s policy on hospitality.
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to crisis situations
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel
This position requires flexibility, respect of confidential information, strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to work at varying hours of the day and night.
Number of hours per week: 12-15
Availability from May 1, 2014, to May 30, 2015.
Supervisor: Monica Williams
Job listings submitted by third parties are not verified by McCormick Theological Seminary. If you have a job you would like to see listed here send the details to email@example.com