Youth and Young Adult Assistant Leader reports to the Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults and the Youth and Young Adult Council.
Part time, must be available Wednesday and Sunday nights; plus some nights and weekends
Position purpose and summary: To support our Youth & Young Adult Ministries, Associate Pastor of Youth & Young Adults, and the Youth & Young Adult Council. To ignite and nurture a desire for youth and young adults to have a genuine relationship with God and build Christian relationships with others. To maintain dynamic Youth Fellowship discussions on Wednesday and Sunday Nights and help lead special events, retreats, and Go & Serve.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To minister to youth and their families.
- Attend Youth Fellowship on Wednesday nights weekly. Lead Youth Fellowship once or twice a month.
- Attend Sunday Night Bible Study and discussion.
- Attend monthly Youth & Young Adult Council meetings.
- Help plan and lead weekend retreats and other special monthly events.
- Participate in our weeklong summer mission trip, Go & Serve.
Education and Experience: A strong dedication to the Christian faith is of primary importance. Job experience in Youth Ministry is a plus. A love for and understanding of youth and young adults is essential as well as a commitment to Christian education of all ages. Demonstrated aptitude in leadership, creative thinking, and the ability to be a self-starter in dealing with situations and processes. Must be competent in MS Office and comfortable working with a variety of computer software.
Compensation: Stipend or salary
Additional information: Attend Wednesday Night Youth Fellowship, Sunday Night Discussions, monthly special events, and monthly meetings of Youth and Young Adult Council