Position: Minister of Youth and Serving Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor (Staff Parish and District Superintendent if UM clergy)
Job Summary: The Minister of Youth and Serving Ministries will provide leadership and direction for ministries and formation for youth and their families. The person will support and resource ministries of social justice, mission, volunteers, and leadership development for adults.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and facilitate all ministries with youth including education, Sunday School, youth Bible study, regular youth group meetings, and worship/spiritual formation.
- Supervise, equip, and resource leaders, volunteers, staff, and interns related to youth, creative arts, and missions/mission trips.
- Design, implement and coordinate two year confirmation program for 7th and 8th grade youth
- Coordinate and facilitate youth mission events and trips/work with the senior high mission trip coordinator.
- Coordinate and facilitate ministries with parents and families of youth
- Coordinate and facilitate mission education, trips, projects, and service with adults.
- Coordinate, facilitate and resource all justice-related ministries.
- Provide leadership in regular and special worship services as needed
- Staff for Social Justice Committee, HarvestFest, Missions Committee, and Youth Leadership Team.
- Coordinate volunteers, leadership development (with Church Council), and gifts discernment.
- Staff Liaison to Justice for Our Neighbors, Thrift Store and Food Pantry.
- Teach and preach the Word as well as perform marriages and funerals (not required but an asset)
- Assist with 4th-5th-6th Grade Fellowship as a conduit for youth program growth.
- Staff Liaison to community organizations and programs for youth and their families as time allows.
- Master of Divinity degree from accredited/approved seminary preferred but not required
- Bachelor degree required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Strong skills for supervision and leadership development
- Strong skills in recruiting and equipping volunteers.
- Strong gifts for working with youth and their families
- Strong gifts for building relationships, creating vision, and connecting with diverse communities and people.
- Ordination and credentials from The United Methodist Church would be an asset. Could be lay or clergy.
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable based on experience and clergy status.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Rev. James Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org.