At Grace Presbyterian we are called to share God's grace. We live out God's word by reaching into the community, connecting with people of all faiths, encouraging questions, giving of our time and talents, and gathering to worship together.
Our purpose is to provide creative and diverse educational opportunities for all ages. We intend to study and experience God’s love by providing effective programming for children, youth, and adults of the congregation and community. We want those involved in the Christian Education program at Grace to be filled with the knowledge and Truth that Jesus is Lord, and that He is able to inspire and enrich our lives, no matter what our history or background.
We are currently seeking a part-time Director of Christian Education who will ensure the educational needs of Grace Presbyterian Church are met in the following areas: Children’s Education, Adult Education, and Youth Education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in partnership with Christian Education Committee):
- Plan and coordinate a comprehensive theologically appropriate educational program for children, youth (middle & high school) and adults throughout the year
- Select theologically appropriate curriculum to support educational program
- Create a Children’s Subcommittee, a Youth Subcommittee, and an Adult Subcommittee
- Create a programmatic calendar to support the educational program
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers to implement the educational program
- Attend all Christian Education (CE) Committee meetings
- Develop policies of safety and wellbeing for all programs
- Maintain neat and orderly classrooms
- Create a welcoming environment within the educational wing
- Coordinate the use of media and classroom set up between programs
- Develop budget for CE programmatic ministry
- Communicate CE opportunities and events to members and community through appropriate media outlets – Facebook, website, newsletters, e-mails, letters, etc.
- Plan, promote, implement and attend Grace Camp
- Work closely with CE Elder
- Be aware and articulate current trends in Christian Education
- When appropriate, supervise Nursery Coordinator
- Recruit new members to serve on CE Committee
- Demonstrated skills in both oral and written communications, public speaking, leading, and experience with facilitating and leading Christian education.
- Bachelor's Degree in Christian Education, Religion or related field is required; experience in education preferred.
- One to three years of relevant experience required.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Grace Presbyterian Church
Attn: Penny Pohle
215 Gould Street
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Grace Presbyterian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.