Irving Park Baptist Church is looking for a candidate to lead our music ministry by creating engaging worship services for a multi-generational and racially diverse church family.
Irving Park Baptist Church is committed to serving the Irving Park neighborhood of Chicago. We are an established, urban American Baptist fellowship with average attendance of 25-30 people of all ages. We have a small, dedicated adult choir, a female Senior Adult trio, and an instrumental ensemble. We are praying for a musically gifted individual with a personal faith in Jesus to lead our music ministry on a consistent basis.
Our musical instruments include a two-manual Allen Organ and a grand piano. For further details or to apply, please contact Dr. David John Hailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-332-1396.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Strong leadership skills and team player; willingness to seek counsel of others
- Proficiency on organ or piano for various types of music
- Personal vocal skills preferred; ability to coach essential
- Provide leadership in tandem with Pastor to enhance worship service and spiritual growth of congregation
- Meet at least every other week with Pastor for worship planning, flow, content, and transitions, as well as long-term planning and special events
- Serve on worship subgroup
- Independently motivated /li>
- Invite and encourage individuals to use creative gifts and talents during worship
- Oversee maintenance of musical instruments and equipment (sound system, etc.)
- Provide music at all appropriate church functions (Sunday services, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Maundy Thursday, Advent, etc.)
- Direct, develop, and support variety of choirs (i.e. adult, trio, and instrumental ensemble)
- Maintain, expand existing song files and database; prepare weekly song lyric slides
- Develop and coordinate budgets for music ministry
- Right of first refusal for wedding and funerals (to establish own fees)
- Position accountable to music committee for review
- Must be available on Tuesday nights for trio and choir rehearsal
- Must be available for 48 Sundays per year
- Salary commensurate with experience