|Employer||Eastminster Presbyterian Church (EPC)|
Eastminster Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Position to be Filled: Pastor (Solo)
Employment Status: Part-time
Experience Level: Negotiable
Language Requirements: English and Spanish
A. Major Responsibilities:
1. Preaching- study, preparation, writing and learning the sermon.
2. Worship Planning- EPC’s Church Secretary prepares the order of service, music and announcements for each week’s worship service.
3. Pastoral Care- visitation in hospitals, homes and nursing homes.
4. Leadership Development- spending time with session members and other leaders in the church to build relationships, train and equip them for ministry and leadership.
B. Characteristics and qualifications needed
The pastor will need to be a self-starter, with plenty of energy and patience. We seek someone who will lead worship with creativity and openness to allowing people to use their gifts and talents. This person will be a motivator and team player leading the church with a passionate faith in Jesus Christ. The pastor will love, appreciate, and accept all people, including their backgrounds and cultural diversity.
• Ordained Teaching Elder or Ruling Elder Commissioned to a Particular Pastoral Service.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English.
• A track record of fruitful ministry.
• A dynamic and thoughtful preacher and worship leader.
• Able to relate well with people from different cultural and religious backgrounds.
• Able to function effectively with all cultural diversity.
• Creative in connecting ministries with the needs of the community.
• The ability to bring people together, organizationally, relationally, and following a vision.
Name: Donna Ramsey
Phone: (615) 262-5531 Church
Job listings submitted by third parties are not verified by McCormick Theological Seminary. If you have a job you would like to see listed here send the details to email@example.com