For contact and additional information, please refer also to River Glen's MIF available through the CLC.
Keeping Christ as our center, River Glen’s vision is to welcome all who seek to know Christ, to support our church family and to grow our faith, knowledge and experience of Christ so that we may be faithful disciples. We value community and, by leaning into God’s grace and a theology of acceptance, strike a balance, holding our conservative and progressive Christians together.
Our community intentionally pursues close individual relationships. We value and accept each other’s opinions and find strength in our differences. We gather before and after services in fellowship, connecting with each other, and engage visitors on a personal level. Our youth program provides a supportive space for youth from both within and outside of our congregation.
We continue to grow our faith through an abundance of opportunities to experience God’s word. All are encouraged to join various retreats, Sunday school for all ages, small groups, and Bible/book studies. We also welcome opportunities for creativity and participation from members in our worship.
Our church lives out its faith through multiple avenues, most notably our local and global mission projects, support of local school programs and support for the needs of our members.
River Glen has a blended worship service providing a balance of traditional and contemporary styles. Our sermons have real-world applicability, holding strong ties to scripture.
The Pastor Head of Staff will provide clear leadership for our congregation and staff in realizing and reaching our vision and mission goals. They will provide River Glen with spiritual guidance to help identify the emerging needs of our community and congregation and to help us discern and articulate God’s vision for our congregation.
River Glen has experienced the loss, through retirement, of its founding pastor of 33 years. The new pastor will be responsible for helping members through the angst and discomfort that comes with change.
Additional key roles for reaching our vision and mission goals include:
- Motivating the congregation to embrace change and support God’s vision for the church
- Speaking dynamically to project vitality from the pulpit and energize the congregation
- Providing Bible-based preaching that incorporates real world applications within messages
- Focusing on and encouraging outreach to families and people of all ages and backgrounds to become part of our church community
- Supporting members to grow in their spiritual journey as disciples toward a more intimate relationship with Christ
- Equipping members for service to the community and the world
- Encouraging and able to engage people of all ages
- Providing guidance, leadership, accountability and encouragement for all church ministries, particularly the children’s and youth ministries