Winnetka Congregational Church is seeking a part-time pastor to focus primarily on pastoral care.
This position will require approximately 15 to 20 hours per week.
- Pastoral care for the congregation, to include: visitation to homes, retirement and managed-care venues, and hospitals; office appointments; written correspondence and telephone contact.
- Maintaining and disseminating weekly prayer list.
- Serve as staff liaison for lay ministry committees, as appropriate (such as the lay Care & Calling committee, which helps to coordinate and provide care to the congregation).
- Participating in church-life activities and church governance meetings, as appropriate.
- Help with memorials, as needed.
- The core of this position is pastoral care. However, based on the candidate’s interest and skill-sets,
we are open to discussing opportunities for:
- Leading adult-enrichment opportunities.
M. Div. or comparable degree. Two units of Clinical Pastoral Education desired.
1 to 3 years of pastoral care or chaplaincy preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively, minister caringly to those in need, and work collaboratively with staff and congregants.
Please submit your resume with current contact information to Steve Huels and Janet Van Zuiden via HR@wcc-joinus.org.