Presbyterian College Chaplaincy Internship - Clinton, SC
|Employer||Presbyterian College Religious Life & Service, 403 S. Adair St., Clinton, SC 29325.|
The compelling purpose of Presbyterian College is to “to develop within the framework of Christian faith the mental, physical, moral, and spiritual capacities of each student in preparation for a lifetime of personal and vocational fulfillment and responsible contribution to our democratic society and the world community.” This position will support the mission of the college by promoting the spiritual and moral development of Presbyterian College students.
Under the supervision of the Director of Religious Life & Service, the intern will engage in activities and assignments that support ministry in a liberal arts college. This is an opportunity for a current seminary student or recent seminary graduate to gain experience in College Chaplaincy, a unique blend of advising, empowering, directing and equipping students for meaningful learning experiences. Presbyterian College has a history of putting its faith into action through service in the world. This is an exciting opportunity to explore chaplaincy work in higher education as a call and expose new pastors to ways that faith communities can be places that make a difference in the world.
● 10-month position
● The intern will serve as a staff person for Campus Life at Presbyterian College and work an average of 40 hours per week.
● Provides mentoring and guidance as to the students at Presbyterian College.
● Works with the Director of Religious Life & Service and the Administrative Assistant for Religious Life & Service to develop programs, plan trips, and communicate with the Presbyterian College Community and the church at large.
● Reports to the Director of Religious Life & Service.
● Lead weekly programs for Ukirk PC, and the Nest, the intentional Christian-living community on campus.
● Plan and lead a fall-break service-learning trip.
● Advise Student Volunteer Services and assist in implementation of service activities
● Participate in outreach efforts to churches as able
● Participate in the weekend on-call rotation
● Within the following ministry areas, the Intern can focus her/his time and energies, to fit their interests, gifts or skills.
- o Planning Campus Wide Worship with a team of students.
- o Bluefish Campus Ministry team.
- o Celtic Cross church leadership exploration organization for students
- o MLK Service Day
- o CHAMPS mentoring program
- o Open Mic-Nights
Qualifications: Bachelor degree is required a Master of Divinity is preferred.
Dates: August 1, 2017-May 31, 2018
College owned housing
8 meals a week dining plan
$15,000 per year stipend
$1,000 towards Continuing Education
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.
To apply send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to:
Presbyterian College Religious Life & Service
403 S. Adair St.
Clinton, SC 29325
or email materials to email@example.com by April 15, 2017.
Job listings submitted by third parties are not verified by McCormick Theological Seminary. If you have a job you would like to see listed here send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org