Park Ridge Community Church values the principles of diversity in faith and unity in Christ. We are searching for a Senior Minister who will lead the congregation to continue to build its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The Senior Minister, in collaboration with the Executive Committee, is responsible for overseeing the life and direction of the Church. He/she provides pastoral leadership and administrative oversight of the church’s ministries, including worship, music, preaching, teaching, Christian outreach, stewardship, and fellowship in conjunction with church staff and lay leadership. He/she will use their developed skills to assess the congregation’s current and long-term needs and provide inspiring counsel and leadership to help Park Ridge Community Church identify what it is called to be in the future. The minister is to embody the essence of a shepherd and servant leader.
- Attend to the spiritual development of the congregation
- Provide spiritually, intellectually stimulating, and challenging sermons at Sunday services
- Plan worship services in conjunction with the Minister of Music
- Administer the Sacraments and officiate weddings, funerals, memorial services, and Confirmation
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and other committees as appropriate
- Ensure the church’s spiritual vitality through strong efforts to grow membership, stewardship, outreach and missions
- Assist in developing membership and fellowship opportunities
- Ensure pastoral care of the congregation in conjunction with the Director of Pastoral Services and Stephen Ministers
- Provide guidance for Christian Education, including adult/youth education and confirmation
- Provide leadership and supervision to church staff; nurtures the mental, spiritual and emotional health of the ministry staff.
Additionally, the Senior Minister shall attend to all other duties and customs incumbent upon a minister of Christ, including ministry to the community at large.
- Minimum of 5 years applicable ministerial experience
- Master of Divinity degree from an accredited Christian seminary
- Ordained in a mainline Christian denomination
- Shows evidence of a personal dynamic faith
- Experience and ability to preach in a relevant style and is able to relate to people of varied means, walks of life and differing levels of spiritual development
- Ability to motivate the staff, leadership and congregation to live according to the Word of God
- Engages the congregation openly and warmly to build an atmosphere of unity and cooperation
- Experience in working with lay leadership to implement actions that fulfill the vision and mission of the church
- Ability to balance the need to challenge church members to grow in Christ while providing comfort and reassurance
- Experience in leading a church team, including administration and operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with level of experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org