|Employer||Third Baptist Church of Chicago|
Position Summary: Third Baptist Church of Chicago is seeking to fill a part time position of Youth Pastor. Applicants must be a practicing Christian with a true love for the LORD; well versed in the Word of God and have a sincere passion for the youth. The person for this position must be able to work with various age groups and personalities as well as special needs children. Applicant must be humble in spirit, honest and patient. In working with youth, the person must be youthfully creative and current on youth culture and have an understanding of current lingo and trends. Applicant should have a high energy level and be personable with personality. It is necessary to be goal oriented and able to work independently.
• Work with youth ages 7 to 18
• Lead worship services and carry other ministerial functions as assigned by Senior Pastor or designee.
• Coordinate with various Youth Leaders within the church by leading and working with Youth Ministry Executive Council to plan for the yearly calendar and encourage support for all ministries.
• Oversee the Youth Council, which is responsible for planning activities, worship services and developing programs to address theemotional and spiritual needs of the youth.
• Prepare a yearly budget to cover expenses for all activities planned by the Youth Council.
• Develop a plan for the implementation of Youth Church in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and Youth Ministry Leaders.
• Prepare sermons that preach and teach to the youth at their various levels of understanding.
• Communicate with Senior Pastor, Ministerial staff, trustees, ministries, parents, etc.
• Participate in continuing education as recommended by Senior Pastor.
To use pastoral care and counseling skills to promote personal and corporate healing and wholeness among the youth; and create a resource data base for youth who may need outside services.
• Other duties as assigned
• Master's of Divinity from an Accredited Theological Seminary (ATS) preferred or currently participating in a course of study leading to a Master's of Divinity with a projected completion date;
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Youth Ministry;
• Significant experience working with youth;
• Possess good organizational, writing and communication skills(verbal and written);
• Possess conflict resolution skills;
• Experience in developing programs and coordinating activities and events for youth;
• Demonstrate experience in leadership positions which includes supervising and managing adults and youth;
• Computer literate in application of Word, Excel and Power Point;
• Must have a valid driver's license and automobile.
• Passing a background check is required before hire.
Job listings submitted by third parties are not verified by McCormick Theological Seminary. If you have a job you would like to see listed here send the details to email@example.com