A list of responsibilities for current Field Studies students.
Current Field Studies student responsibilities include:
- Contact site supervisors prior to August to discuss the beginning of your learning/serving time.
- Commit 12 – 15 hours per week to your field site
- Attend Field Studies Program Participant Training, the first Friday of September 12:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. McCormick Theological Seminary Common Room.
- Attend MIN404/405 as scheduled
- Meet weekly with supervisor for theological reflection
- Meet monthly with lay ministry support team for support, reflection and feedback
- Make check-in appointment with Reverend Nannette Banks during October
- Submit Learning Serving Covenant to Field Studies Office no later than the third Monday in October
- Review Mid-year Evaluation (see link below) with Supervisor and submit to the Field Studies Office no later than the first week of December.
- Students are expected to be on-site during January (J-Term)
- Make a check-out appointment with Reverend Joanne Lindstrom or Reverend Nannette Banks during the month of April
- Complete and Review year-end self-evaluation (see link below) with supervisor and lay ministry support team and submit to field studies office by the first week of May.