Requirements for International Students
Basic Information for International Students
- You must be registered full-time during the regular academic year to maintain your F-1 visa status and avoid future penalties. Unless authorized by a PDSO, the only exception is during your last semester of study at McCormick Seminary.
- Keep your passport valid.
- You may work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 25 hours during vacation. Do not work without proper authorization from your DSO.
- Contact the PDSO if you will need to: change your status, bring a family member to the United States, apply for O.P.T., travel outside the U.S., request a program extension, or ask any question about your visa status. Many requests take 3 months to process. Please plan ahead. For more information on any of these actions visit studyinthestates.gov.
- A spouse with an F-2 visa may not work on or off campus.
- If you change your address you must contact the registrar within 10 days.
- Please contact Chandra Barnett-Wade, PDSO by e-mail or at 773-947-6285 with any questions.