Salutations again my friends!

Well, it’s started snowing again in Chicago this morning and boy, is it coming down! On a warmer note… Today, I want to introduce you to someone very special here at McCormick, Caroline Underwood. She’s a fellow Southerner and you might remember her name from when we interviewed her dog, Gus, in our first installment of Confessions of Seminary Pets. If you haven’t read it, go do it now before you do anything else. Otherwise, here is Caroline!

(Caroline loves a good Halloween Party)

So, who are you?

I am Caroline Underwood. I am from Birmingham, Alabama, but I also grew up in Memphis, Tennessee and spent a few years after college living in Miami, Florida (where Caroline also served as a Young Adult Volunteer). I am sort of a dual degree student. I will be finished at McCormick in January and starting my MSW (Master’s of Social Work) at Loyola in the Spring. I love karaoke, costumes, and running (most of the time). I work at the University of Chicago Lab School in their after school program. Its fun (most of the time).

Why did you come to McCormick?

I am passionate about Urban Ministry. Also, I wanted to go to a school that had a student body that was diverse in many ways. I’m a city girl. McCormick and Chicago were a perfect fit!

Which group do you represent?

The Board of Deacons

What are your responsibilities for your group?

I am the secretary and I also try to help out in other ways whenever I am needed. (Caroline is also one of the sacred keepers of the Deacon Prayer Box)

What’s one thing you’ve learned so far as a Deacon or just at McCormick in general?

I have learned that Greek and Hebrew are hard. God is good. Hugs are good (even if you aren’t a hugger). Worship is always needed. When in doubt, grab a snake and make it rain!

What’s one thing you’re hoping for?

A job where I can incorporate and after school/family ministry for an impoverished community after I finally finish school. And to one day be ordained into such a role. Also, happiness for all of my friends and family. too much sadness going around these days.

Check back soon all you bloggers out there!

Peace~ Shelley D.

« »