Good morning all you McBloggers! Today we have something extra special. You won’t find this interview with other seminaries. In fact, I’m pretty sure we have been the only ones ever to snag an interview with this cat. I give you “The Most Interesting cat in the World.” You’ve met plenty of our other animals from the McCormick Community; today, I want to introduce you to Jake, the furry, grey, George Clooney of the McCormick community. He roams the halls of Recruitment Director Rev. J.C. Cadwallader’s apartment, making sure the food bowl has fresh food and nothing is out of order. If it is… well, you don’t want to be around for that. Jake takes no prisoners.

Name?

Jake

Who is your human?

JC…she’s been my human for 8.5 years now.

So Jake, tell us a little about yourself and what it is that makes you so interesting?

Well, I had a bit of a rough start to my life.  I was a stray for a couple of years…got into some fights but I’m pretty tough so it was no big whoop to me.  Then, I was lucky enough to find my way to the Humane Society in Boone, North Carolina.  JC came in one day and spent a bit of time meeting all the other cats in the room.  I was asleep on the top of the tower the whole time.  She was just about to walk out of the room when she spotted my sleepy self on top of the tower and she woke me up.  I opened my eyes a bit, got up and she lifted me down off the tower and we sat down on the chair.  Moments later, I hopped down and walked over to meet her friend who was with her and then settled in the middle of the room to take a moment to really wake up.  She patted her lap, said “come here little buddy” and I scampered over…I knew she was talking to me.  She took me home the next day.

We’ve lived in several different places over the years and I think I’m pretty well-traveled for a cat.  She used to take me on long road-trips mostly for holidays…from North Carolina to Tennessee to Chicago and back and forth all over the place.  But, thankfully, she doesn’t take me in the car very often for long road-trips like she used to.  Those don’t make my belly feel very good.

My interests are pastoral care giving, eating, sometimes playing with toys and/or hunting bugs in the house.  I am not needy but I’m pretty snuggly and I’m always told how dang cute I am.  I totally understand English and if I had the capability to speak it, I would.  But, most people understand my meows so communication is not typically a problem for me.

On a regular basis, what would you say is the best part of your day?

I would say the best part of my day is waking up.  The morning sun shines through the living room windows and I like to stretch and sunbathe.

Do you have a favorite toy?

I know I used the word “toy” but I’m not sure if that’s what I would call them.  Most of the time, they are simply things to lay on.  But, every now and again, I do like to toss around the mouse, or the turtle or the snake.  They have cat nip in them…

Do you have a favorite thing to eat?

If I had my druthers about it, I would drink milk all day.  However, it makes my tummy upset so I’ll just stick with the delicious Purina One Hairball and Weight Control/For Mature Cats +7 mixture that is my daily diet.

Out of the entire apartment, where is your favorite place to sleep?

This is a tough one…I have a rotation of favorite places.  There is an old, foam egg crate that is under that futon in the guest room in which I bury myself…that’s a nice place.  But, I also love to sleep on JC’s pillow (but only when she’s sleeping there too though…I think it’s funny!), or on the brown blanket on the couch.

Overall, how do you feel about your living conditions?

I’m quite content with my living conditions.  I know all the nooks and crannies of this place now so I know if there’s an intruder, like a centipede or something, that I can eat.  Our last place had carpet but I’ve gotten used to the hard-wood floors in this one so it’s easier for me to run around (and I use the term “run” loosely). It’s a little lonely sometimes, I’m not going to lie, but it’s a nice place.

Do you have any social commentary that you feel is relevant to the world today that you would like to share with everyone?

There is a lot of sadness in the world these days.  It’s important to remember to think of others first.  It not only helps you to get out of your own head but it’s helpful to others to know there’s someone that cares.

I have to know, how on earth do you deal with the title of “handsome” so often? That must get to a cat.

I’m a big believer in truth…so, I deal with it.

Do you have a favorite TV show? I know JC really likes Law & Order: SVU a lot.

The Vicar of Dibley…that Alice is hilarious!

So, do you think Jesus had a pet cat?

I think Jesus was a cat.

What’s the best part about being a cat?

I don’t have to do any chores around the house.  She asks me all the time but, I don’t have any thumbs.  I can’t really take the garbage out, do the dishes or go to work for her.

Do you have any questions for us?

Anyone need someone to listen?  I have hours available.

Thanks Jake, for the wonderful interview! You clearly are the most handsome cat…

Well readers, there you have it. An interview with the most interesting (and in my opinion, the most handsome cat) in the world. We’ll see you all again on Monday!

Peace~ Shelley D.

« »