We’re back! We took a bit of a hiatus, but here we are again, in the flesh. Or, just on your screen. Sorry for such the delay, but sometimes you have to do a little clean up… We’re technically still working on the blog, but aren’t all great things works in progress?!

Also, some updates on our dearly beloved blog. First off, we’re switching out format a bit. We’ll now be coming to you on Mondays and Thursdays, each week. Our most recent format has been on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. As we are super busy here and the end of the school is approaching, it makes more sense for us to only write twice a week. Now, I know, you might be crying a bit. It’s okay, I understand the sadness. But we’ll still be bringing you the same quality you’re used to and more! If you have any questions or comments, just let us know!

Today we’re checking in with first year student, Jeff Kline. Jeff comes to us from the great college of Albion College in Michigan. Jeff is pretty cool. He has some amazing sweaters. Also, Jeff has some amazing side-burns. You should ask him about what happens when he shaves his face after Christmas break…

So Jeff, tell us a little bit about yourself.

I just graduated last year from Albion College in Michigan.  I was born in Illinois and lived there for seven years before my family moved to Michigan.  I  was a Spanish and religious studies double major. I was actively involved in college choirs and I played the string bass in orchestra for about a decade as well.

So, why did you pick McCormick?

I chose McCormick because it provided me an opportunity to study in a multicultural environment.  I felt that it would provide that necessary push that I needed to challenge myself personally.

What is something that has surprised you about McCormick since being here?

I was surprised at how easy it was for me to slip into the community. I didn’t feel an awkward period of adjustment, but rather moved into it very naturally into a new and exciting environment.

You live on campus; what’s your favorite part about that?

My favorite part of being on campus is being able to spend so much time with  my fellow students.  I love having the ability to go next door and spend time with my classmates.

What do you hope for McCormick in the future?

Jetpacks and flying cars.

What advice would you give to new/prospective students who are looking at McCormick?

Show up to stuff.  There is a lot happening here and it is easy to just hole up in your room studying.  Take advantage of the opportunities provided by the school.

I know you have a love for comic books, can you tell us a bit about that?

I grew up on the superhero cartoons of the 90′s.  Combine that with a nerdy father who has a lot of old comic books and you end up with a giant nerd offspring.  I absolutely love comics.  As I type this I am less than an hour away from leaving for the second day of the big Chicago convention.

If you could be any superhero, who would it be an why?

If I could have any super-power it would be super speed.  This is because it is an incredibly versatile power that isn’t so powerful that it’s unfair (I’m looking at you Superman).  If I could be any superhero I would be Iceman.  This is because he is young and fun loving.  Also, I hate being cold.  When you are Iceman you don’t feel the sensation of cold ever, which would make Chicago pretty nice in the winters.

Jeff and his amazing sideburns.

Awesome! Thanks for the interview, Jeff!

Well, see you all later!

Peace ~ Shelley D.

« »