Greetings from the dog bed of me, Pigeon. Well, the birds are here too and DiDi is sniffing around somewhere in the house, but that’s besides the point. I’ve got another new four-legged friend that I need you all to meet. her name is Pearl. She’s the newest owner of Megan and Alex, two of our students living here in Hyde Park. We got together over a bowl of water and hung out for a chat. Here’s what she had to say:

Tell us your name and what breed you are.

Sup dudes, I’m Pearl.  I’m a 75lb. Akita mix.

The Pearl of Chicago

Who are your humans?

Megan (I’m bigger than her) and Alex (I’m smaller than him).

How did you come to get your humans?

I was in this weird, loud place with lots of other dogs for a stupidly long time.  The place was actually not too shabby; it was called Paws Chicago or something of the sort.  My peeps picked me up from there.  It was love and belly rubs at first sight.

How do you like the living arrangements?

Our place is pretty sweet, minus the hardwood floors. Slide city.

Favorite place in the apartment?

I really dig the couch.  You can usually find the whole fam on there cuddling it up and when they’re gone I definitely sneak up for some zzzz’s.

Favorite treats?

Well, I have this weird stomach thing, so my humans make me sweet potatoes and carrots a lot of the time.  But then, sometimes I get these really rad peanut butter treats. To die for!

What do you think about being future preachers pets?

I’m stoked on it.  I like time to myself on Sunday mornings.

How many toys do you have in the apartment and which ones are your favorite?

I have quite a few, I like to keep them all organized on my bed.  There is this one, in particular, we call it Lovebug, it’s a stuffed VW Beetle, I just gnaw on it.

Favorite way to pass the time?

I am a total cuddle monster.  If I could spend all of my time cuddling with my fam I would, but when they’re not down for that, I like to spend some time with Lovebug or do perimeter checks to make sure we’re all safe.  I also enjoy taking walks to the 1400 building porch and occasionally eating rocks or a Korean bbq bone, DELISH!

Any words of wisdom you want to share with everyone?

Nah Dawg.

Well, that’s Pearl. Check back next week and you’ll be meeting two little dogs who came all the way from South Korea by way of Atlanta to get here. Talk about well traveled.

Until next time. Paws and peace,

Pigeon

« »