Welcome back to Pigeon’s Corner everyone! Today, I’ve got some new neighbors I want you all to meet, Norae and Sunae. Norae reminds me of Falcor from the NeverEnding Story, except she’s not as shaggy and she doesn’t drool near as much as that flying dog has to! They’re cool dudettes, they take walks with me and D.D. when mom is out of town so we got to know them a little better and I had to feature them on here!

So, tell everyone your names and your breed?
Norae (노래) which means Sing in Korean. A karaoke bar is a “Norae bbang” in Korean, and I was named after that! (not by my mom and dad, but a silly Canadian at the shelter!). I’m a mixed breed, with maybe some chihuahua and corgi and other stuff all thrown together.

Norae, aka Falcor

Sunae (수내) which is an old Korean name, and I’ve been told it means shy. I’m a chihuahua mix.

Sunae

Who are your humans?
Wes Pitts and Liz Whittington

Where are you from?
N: Daejeon, South Korea. My family got me at a shelter just before it was shut down.

S: I’m from the same shelter, but I lived with another family first. They couldn’t take me back home to Hawaii, though, so I got to move in with my best friend (and possibly sister?!?), Norae.

Tell everyone a little more about yourself. What makes you so interesting?

N: Not many people have met a dog from another country, so that makes me pretty special. I also love most people that I meet, though I get shy sometimes – especially around kids. I love to give constant kisses. I don’t like feet – put yours near me and I’ll find myself another place to sit. I’m also not big on sitting in folk’s laps, I much prefer to sit next to you and rest my head on a pillow. I love chasing squirrels, deer, birds and anything else that looks fun to chase (including bikes and runners).

S: I’m really reserved when I meet new people. Norae will greet you and I just bark. I’m a tiny dog but I have a really big voice! It takes a little time for me to get to know new people, but once I do, you’ll find me to be really loving.

What’s the best part of your day?

N: Going on walks. I love to be outside in any weather except the rain. I can sit and watch people in the park for hours. If you walk me by the tennis courts at Nichol’s park I’m liable to want to watch and bark at the tennis balls flying all around. I love it when my mom and dad let me walk around with out my silly old leash, I prefer my own space.

S: I like sleeping and making lots of noise. My absolute favorite time to play is first thing in the morning when my mom and dad wake up.

Do you have a favorite toy?

N: I haven’t been big on toys ever since my sister came to our house – she ate all of them! Now I have her to play with. I do like the occasional tennis ball or stick, but I won’t bring it to you – it’s mine!

S: I have some stuffed animals that I like a whole bunch – there is a mouse and a bear and a duck. The mouse and bear make squeaky sounds, but I ate the squeaker right out of ducky. I also like playing with my sister. 

Do you have a favorite kind of treat?

N: Since I have a sensitive tummy I don’t get to eat just anything. When I’ve been a really good girl I get some of mom and dad’s food, but not too much. My favorite things that don’t hurt my belly are apples and baby carrots. If you have a food dehydrator and want to make me dehydrated sweet potatoes, I love those too!

S: Since Norae can’t eat all the good stuff, I don’t get it either. I don’t have a sensitive stomach, but I am really picky. I usually like carrots, but never apples. I’m weary of eating food from strangers or anything that may have my heart worm pill in it.

Where’s your favorite place to sleep in the apartment?

N: I love to sleep any place soft. During the day mom and dad keep me locked up in their room, but I have a bed that I always sleep on. When they are home, I sleep on the sofa. You’ll find a lot of my hair there even when I’m not, because I shed a lot! At night I get to sleep with mom and dad!

S: I typically sleep under the couch or I find clean laundry to sleep on.

How are you liking being a “seminary pet”?

N: I really like the people I’ve met so far. Some of the other pets are okay (I really like Molly!), but mostly I like the people. We get more visitors than we used to. I’ll like it more if you come and play with me!

S: I’m starting to get used to it. It takes me a while to get used to anything new, but I am starting to make some friends. I like Molly, too, and even let some of the humans touch me.

Any social commentary that you want to share with the community?

N: I’ve enjoyed getting all of this new attention and making so many new friends. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

S: As much as I don’t want to admit it, I like the new folks I’ve met too! And even if I haven’t warmed up to you yet, give me time, I will!

Well folks, there you have it. I hope you enjoy and be on the lookout for next week’s blog. I’m not sure what Shelley has planned for it, but it’s sure to be a good one!

Peace and PAWS,

Pigeon

« »