Plymouth Congregational Church, a growing and thriving church in the United Church of Christ, would like to bring on board an Associate Pastor for Church Life and Educational Ministries with Children and Youth.
The Associate Pastor would report to the Senior Pastor. This pastoral call involves ministerial responsibilities and opportunities vital to helping Plymouth continue to grow and thrive and serve the Lord as part of the Body of Christ.
- Facilitating and encouraging member engagement in the life of the church, through fellowship, volunteer activity, and pastoral care, with special emphasis on connecting members and working with our younger families, including reaching out through our Preschool.
- Leading Plymouth’s Youth ministry – with a part-time lay/staff person as part of your team. Our Youth currently meet three times a month during the worship service. One Sunday a month, the Youth play a role in worship. We have Confirmation every other year, and our 2019 group included eighteen 8th and 9th graders.
- Overseeing and leading our Christian education ministry for younger children – with a part-time lay/staff person as part of your team. Plymouth’s Sunday School averages 25-30 children per week. We have just moved our program into a beautiful new building which was built for and is dedicated to our children’s spiritual growth.
- Regularly helping lead worship (800 church members and average attendance of 250).
- Other pastoral roles as appropriate – we encourage creativity and working collaboratively across ministries.
The pastor who accepts this call will work closely with our Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor, who have been at Plymouth five years and fifteen years respectively. Relevant experience, in particular with children and youth, is ideal. Ability to speak Spanish is a positive but not required. Reflecting the diversity in our church, we are open to candidates from various denominational and non-denominational backgrounds.
This is a full time position. The compensation includes salary and benefits as well a private residence on our beautiful campus – which is easy walking distance from the center of downtown Coconut Grove.
Please send cover letter and resume to Senior Pastor, Rev. Al Bunis, at email@example.com
We encourage candidates to check out our Facebook page, which will give a sense of the things happening at Plymouth, and our website at http://www.plymouthmiami.org/.