Christ Church, Presbyterian (CCP) overlooks Lake Champlain in Burlington, Vermont’s picturesque downtown. For 65 years we have been aspiring--passionately and energetically--to be faithful followers of Jesus. Since our founding, our guiding pillars have been Worship, Study, Service, and Community. An early member of More Light Presbyterians, we are activists for social justice. We value our studies of contemporary theology and foster and support the small group and individual missions that flow from our studies of current social issues. We are a theologically progressive, spiritually diverse congregation which embraces different faith journeys in our worship and approach our faith with open and questioning minds.
Our Mission and Vision statements highlight our goals and initiatives as we aspire to become Martin Luther King's description of the Beloved Community, where every person, regardless of faith tradition, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or physical ability, is filled with a sense of belonging.
We seek an energetic pastor who welcomes the opportunity to speak freely from the pulpit and to live in a place where they can make a difference in this 21st century world. Our next pastor will share our commitment to social justice and will work with us to achieve our vision of being Beloved Community.
Who We Are:
Christ Church, Presbyterian is a progressive, family-sized congregation that is known for:
- Following where Jesus leads us in service to others.
- Our commitment to the study of progressive theology and social justice issues.
- Putting our faith into action by fostering and supporting small group and individual missions.
- Our leadership in the battle for ordination of LGBTQ clergy and officers.
- Being one of the early More Light congregations and a “Matthew 25” church.
- Being a Beloved Community in caring for our neighbor and each other.
- Non-traditional liturgy and weekly Communion.
The Pastor We Seek Is:
- Drawn to speak freely and authentically from the pulpit.
- Comfortable leading a theologically progressive and spiritually diverse congregation.
- A compassionate and gifted pastoral caregiver.
- Equipped to help us integrate our vision of being a Beloved Community into all aspects of our congregational life and work.
What We Offer Is:
- A part-time (3/5) position with flexible schedule and hours.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- The choice of working from home.
- An active and committed congregation with a team to help plan worship.
- A beautiful place to live where you can make a difference.
For more information: christchurchburlington.org or David Boedy firstname.lastname@example.org Mif #: 054021.AB0