Ravenswood Presbyterian Church is seeking a fully bilingual (Spanish/English) and multiculturally proficient pastor to lead its congregation. This person must be an ordained PC(USA) Minister of Word and Sacrament or ordained as a pastor in a denomination in full communion with the PC(USA). This will be a three-quarter time position on an annual contract. The contract will be renewable on an annual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide spiritual and administrative leadership for the congregation
- Work with the congregation on revitalization issues
- Communicate greetings and information to the congregation in both Spanish and English by email and U.S. mail.
- Lead worship on Sundays and liturgical holidays in both English and Spanish
- Administer the sacraments
- Officiate at weddings and funerals
- Provide pastoral care for the congregation and for all who seek comfort and guidance through the church
- Provide for the special spiritual needs of members who have physical, hearing, vision, cognitive or developmental challenges
- Work with the Building/Office manager to prepare Sunday bulletin and announcements
- Serve as moderator of the session and congregational meetings by Presbytery appointment
- Serve as head of staff
- Work with the Treasurer and Office/Building Manager to oversee the financial affairs of the church.
- Work with the Office/Building Manager to facilitate relationships with space sharing partners.
- Assist boards and committees in their ministry and offer training as needed
- Train newly elected officers and assist in preparing persons for membership
- Work with Session and Youth Leader to develop educational opportunities for children and adults
- Attend Presbytery assembly meetings and participate in the life of the Presbytery of Chicago
- Report regularly to Session on Presbytery matters and actions.
- Promote Presbytery program opportunities
- Actively participate in the leadership of the Covenant of Hispanic Churches as time allows
Terms of Call
Term .75 FTE / 30 hours per week (on average)
Salary/Housing $39,000 annually
Benefits Full coverage under the Board of Pensions
Expenses Per POC guidelines
Duration One year renewable
Maxine Oria, Clerk of Session
Applicants are encouraged to apply by July 31, 2020