Please download the position description above.
Central Baptist Church seeks a Worship and Family Ministries Director. The Worship and Family Ministries Director will work with the pastoral leadership team to connect people to Jesus’ love and mission and to disciple people through the practice of worship and ministry to families. The Worship and Family Ministries Director will focus predominantly on Central’s Downtown campus to lead worship gatherings, cultivate worship practices throughout the week, lead the Downtown Youth Ministry, and assist other family ministry teams.
Central Baptist Church is located in Downtown Springfield, Illinois, which is a city with the best of all worlds – a friendly, Midwestern atmosphere, stable residency and a reasonable housing market and cost of living. Central Baptist is a multigenerational congregation affiliated with American Baptist Churches, USA that worships in two locations (Springfield and nearby New Berlin). Visit www.cbcchurchfamily.org/jobs for more information about our church family and this job opportunity.
Essential Qualities and Qualifications:
- Skills and passion to lead our congregation toward Christlikeness through the practice of worship.
- A desire to invest in and disciple younger generations.
- The ability to work alongside and coordinate ministry with staff, volunteers, and our multi-generational congregation.
- A seminary education or the desire to pursue further education.
- Ability to interact well with people of many ages and walks of life.
- A self-starter, able to work without supervision. An active interest in understanding self and pursuing personal and professional growth.
The Worship and Family Ministries Director position is a full-time position with salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Salary, medical insurance, retirement, and expense packages range from $33,000 to $60,000. Ministry staff receive up to four weeks of vacation per calendar year and are eligible for sabbatical leave after six years of service.
Applicants must send a resume, including educational background, references that may be contacted, work history, spiritual history, professional goals, skill/talents/abilities and a link to a video showing the applicant participating in worship leadership. Please include salary requirements. Our search committee will begin screening candidates on August 5th and applicants before this date will receive priority. The job will remain open until filled. Anticipated start date:
All electronic communications should be sent to email@example.com. Surface mail may be sent to Search Team, C/O Central Baptist Church, 501 S. 4th Street, Springfield, IL 62701.